It's a song we sing with our kids and it goes a little something like this...

"I love you (insert your name here),
Oh yes I do,
I love you (insert your name here),
this much is true,
when you're not with me, I'm blue
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

{i get it from my grandpa}

i come by it honestly...my love for a good auction.  my grandpa, tractor grandpa my kids call him, has been going to auctions as long as i can remember.  when all us grandkids got our first places, we would tell grandpa what we needed and he would be on the lookout.

my friend michelle introduced me to a fun auction house here in malden.  it's probably best that i only get to go about 1x/month cause i could see this being dangerous!  some things i buy and then resell on craigslist.  mostly things that a really great deal that i know i can just "flip".  some i intend to keep, but are waiting for some TLC before they make it into the house.

here are a couple recent auction purchases...


i'm really not even sure what it is about this mirror that i love.  i hope to make it work in aiden's room.


this fan is functional and i love the blue and red color combo.  i think it may make it
into the boys room (up high of coarse so no little fingers get lopped off!)

a girlfriend and i are painting this dresser for her master bedroom

great legs,  huh?!
maybe tractor grandpa will come to boston and i can take him shopping.  in the meantime, let me know if you wanna tag along!

1 comment:

  1. OK, it is official. We are moving back to Boston! I miss the auction. And, I want to know prices on these things. :)

    ReplyDelete

we love hearing from you!