It's a song we sing with our kids and it goes a little something like this...

"I love you (insert your name here),
Oh yes I do,
I love you (insert your name here),
this much is true,
when you're not with me, I'm blue
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

{chippy chair makeover}

i scored this chair awhile back at the auction house for $5.  technically, it was $2.50 for (2) chairs, but the other one wasn't worth taking.  a good price regardless.

post sanding pic

i thought this was a great chair to add to the playroon for the kids work table.  i think it is probably an old library or courtroom chair, but with some fun, curvy lines to it. we have two chairs up there now that i also got at the auction, but that still leaves one kid on the floor.

so...after a coat of green paint and a whole lot of distressing, i am loving the character of the finish.  the original poly had an alligator finish in some places and was pretty worn.  i only lightly sanded this piece before painting in hopes of keeping some of the texture and then finished it off with a coat of clear wax.




(let's just pretend there aren't huge hunks out of the blue wall.  what the heck!)

love me a quick, cheapo makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from you!