It's a song we sing with our kids and it goes a little something like this...

"I love you (insert your name here),
Oh yes I do,
I love you (insert your name here),
this much is true,
when you're not with me, I'm blue
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

{thank you mom & IKEA!}

the fam was at IKEA recently and i spotted this headboard on clearance.  it is a padded headboard that mounts on the wall.  and the best part is that the striped cover is a velcro slipcover.
Badalen headboard from IKEA


we have wanted a new setup for our master since our headboard and footboard take up alot of real estate in our tiny bedroom, but it just wasn't high on the priority list.  but for $30 bones, i could not pass this up...it is on the website for $299!

so when my mom was here recently, we hit the fabric store in search of something that might work.  i found some organic cotton in a gorgeous blue color we went with.  i wanted to stick with something pretty neutral that i wouldn't tire of anytime soon.  mom sewed this thing up in day (a long day, but a day!)  it turned out so fantastic!  she is an amazing seamstress. 

funny sidenote story.  i get home from picking up the kids from school and she is sewing away in the sweatshop (aka dining room.)  it is like 90 out and the window a/c is barely keeping her cool.  she asks if i can run grab her a chocolate donut from dunkin for a little sugar high.  the kids and i hit the closest drive-thru.  i ask for a chocolate donut and i am told they are out.  ok...we'll go with a second choice.  out of that too.  and the third choice.  the man then proceeds to tell me they are out of donuts, can he get me a coffee instead.  WHAT?!  isn't this dunkin donuts?  foreals?!  what's next...no burgers at burger king?!

the good part is that living in new england there is literally a dunkin like every quarter mile.  we hit another one and got our second choice there.  they also had a large sign outside saying it was nat'l donut day and you got a free donut with every coffee purchase.  it started making sense.  one would  have thought that the employee at the first dunkin would have mentioned that. 

so...back to the slipcover.  it still needs to be attached to the wall, but it is "in".  what do you think?  i need to figure out a way to visually balance out that crazy window since there is only one. 


(still need to learn how to make the bed)



i also got some fabric to make a pillow for the bed.  stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Two things. First, I LOVE that you didn't make your bed. Second, I really like how the headboard and nightstands look!! Excited to see the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stole my burgers at burger king comment.. but I still love you!

    And I love what you've done. Now... I just have to see it all in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I'm supposed to make Amy a headboard like that for her birthday...right.

    And no need to make your bed when you're just gonna sleep in it again the next night. At least that's what I always told my mom! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

we love hearing from you!