It's a song we sing with our kids and it goes a little something like this...

"I love you (insert your name here),
Oh yes I do,
I love you (insert your name here),
this much is true,
when you're not with me, I'm blue
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you!

Friday, January 21, 2011

{another snow day}

truth be told, i was thrilled to have another snow day.  i layed in bed till 9am and loved every minute of it!  i worked on projects around the house and owen was so excited to play with someone other than me.  i'm pretty sure mike wasn't sharing my sentiments when he trudged off to catch the train to work with 8" of snow on the ground. poor guy...
snow has covered all but a foot of the fence

he could not stop eating snow.  pretty sure he never even looked to see if it was clean.

this is how people mark their parking spaces once they shovel out.  classy, huh?!
there is something about snow falling that makes me want to bake.  mike jokes his waist line grows with each inch that falls. owen and i made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a recipe from my friend jen.  seriously, these are THE BEST cookies ever.  try them...for real.  she gave me the recipe at church on the back of a kids coloring sheet.  i should probably recopy this.



3/4 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
cream above together well, then add:
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
beat well and then add:
3/4 t. baking soda
3/4 t. baking powder
1 1/4 c. flour
mix until just blended and then add:
2 c. oatmeal
mix and then stir in
1 c. chocolate chips

i use a large pampered chef scoop & then squish the dough down a bit.  the cookies are BIG...like 4" across.  that way you can say you only ate one.  ;)
bake at 375 and take out when they just barely start to turn brown.

have you tried fair trade yet?  we got fair trade sugar at costco for like a dollar more than regular...and it's organic too.  buy fair trade whenever you can.  fair trade = good thing

(yes, he is wearing his bathing suit and it's 15 degrees outside)


we also made snow cream for the first time and weren't disappointed. heather recommended it and the kids thought it was so fun! we mixed 1 c. cream, 1/2 c. sugar and a splash of vanilla together and then mixed that in to a big bowl of ice cream (preferably clean)



 so much for eating low sugar.  maybe tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. i had your cookies....delicious...actually maybe i ate the cookie dough...it was good either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the recipe is on the back of a sunday school paper....you may just want to leave it like that forever!

    Your snow is beautiful...I hope you continue to enjoy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

we love hearing from you!