It's a song we sing with our kids and it goes a little something like this...

"I love you (insert your name here),
Oh yes I do,
I love you (insert your name here),
this much is true,
when you're not with me, I'm blue
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you!

Friday, February 18, 2011

{peppermint patties & other yummy things}

so...my valentine's day sweet treat for the family was homemade peppermint patties.  i used this recipe via darby's blog and they were divine!  i wanted them to be heart shaped so i used a silicon heart shaped ice cube mold from ikea.  the mold worked great and they turned out so cute, but took for-ev-er!  paint mold with chocolate...freeze...add filling...freeze...add chocolate to the top...freeze...pop out of mold and repeat.  i ran in the kitchen every ten minutes or so all through the grammy's to do the next step. 


i didn't know owen could open the freezer by himself until i caught him snitching the hearts out of the freezer the next day.  i guess the peppermint patty love runs in the family!

and in other yummy news, i finally committed to some hooks for the bathroom.  i think the kids might like the numbers on them just as much as i do...even though they thought they just got to pick whatever hook they wanted. (hello...birth order people.)  now if i could just get them to actually hang the towels up.  ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from you!