It's a song we sing with our kids and it goes a little something like this...

"I love you (insert your name here),
Oh yes I do,
I love you (insert your name here),
this much is true,
when you're not with me, I'm blue
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

{inspiration by pinterest}

have you tried pinterest?  it is such a fun, easy way to keep track of inspirational images!  while i still love to keep tear sheets from magazines and catalogs, this has greatly increased the "pool" from which to draw from...blogs, ezines (online magazines), other people's "pins", etc. seriously addicting!

a while back i "pinned" this image onto my party ideas board. 



recently, it was the last day of work for one of aiden's teachers who was moving away.  i wanted to make her cupcakes a little more special and thought i would give this a go.  (remembering the pin at 10pm and amazingly having everything here at home to pull it off!)






i used bbq skewers, some jersey fabric i cut up from a too small shirt, some bakers twine from some gift wrap, white cardstock and a circle punch.

you can find the directions here for making your own ruffled penant.

so back to pinterest...

here is one of my "boards".  boards are places you can keep a collection of "pins".  this one is my kitchen inspiration board.


and here's what a "pin" looks like.  this one is from my paint inspiration board.


and one of the best parts is, pinterest keep track of the source of the picture.  so, when you want to go back and find where it came from, it's easy peasy.

ooh...and you can follow other people's boards and "repin" their pictures. 

you can see my boards here, or request and invite to join here

seriously...so fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from you!