It's a song we sing with our kids and it goes a little something like this...

"I love you (insert your name here),
Oh yes I do,
I love you (insert your name here),
this much is true,
when you're not with me, I'm blue
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you
Oh, (insert your name here) I love you!

Friday, March 18, 2011

{roman shades}

i LOVE the look of roman shades...simple and soft.

i made shades for the boys' room when we first moved in about 5 years ago.  at the time, that bedroom was the guest room/miles' room and we wanted people to be comfortable when they visited and we wanted miles to not wake up so darn early.  the shades are up...and functional, but i certainly wouldn't make the next pair the same way.

so, i must have a thing for not just roman shades, but striped shades too since i picked that again for aiden's room.  my first window is done and have two to go.  i have already learned quite a bit and would again, do things slightly different.  (i used these instructions with a few modifications.)

that window could use a washing.  yikes!

if i made shades again, i would...
  • use a weighted rod for the bottom hem.  they aren't cheap, but they defintely hang better.  i used them on aiden's room, but not the boy's.
  • if my fabric is light (like this lavender stripe), i would pay extra for the clear ribs. i used cheap, wooden dowels and it drives me a little batty that there is "shadowing" through the fabric when they are down.
  • order hardware from terrell designs, but try a new pattern/instructions.  i do not love how you can see, ever so slightly, where the dowels are glued to the front fabric.
  • measure a dozen times and cut once.  i screwed up cutting not once, but twice!


so...i am considering adding white pom-pom trim to the bottom of these.  any thoughts?


1 comment:

we love hearing from you!